I’ve sold several of the art and animation books I listed for sale on Amazon and addd a few more. There’s only twelve books left (well, 11 books and one DVD). I’ve just lowered a couple of the prices further to ensure that I’m currently the best deal on Amazon for books in similar condition. Browse on over to my storefront and see if there’s anything you like.
This weekend (May 21-22) the MCBA is hosting its annual SpringCon comic book convention at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. I’ll have a table where I’ll be kicking back with my sketchbook and chatting it up with some of the other local artists. Stop on by and say hi. More info at the MCBA website.
I’ve got a pretty large collection of art books in my studio library. Too many in fact. They’re nice to have and inspiring to look at but the reality is there’s a large chunk of them that I never, ever pull off the shelf and thumb through. So I’ve decided its time to start selling a few.
I’m starting with some of the more expensive ones but plan to add more modestly priced books the near future. You can view a live update of everything I have available on my Amazon.com storefront: http://www.amazon.com/shops/cedricstudio
I’ve tried to undercut other Amazon sellers whenever possible. If I’ve got a like-new copy I’m not going to sell it for cheaper than someone selling a raggedy book full of highlighting and coffee stains. But within reason I’m willing to be the lowest price. For the moment at least buying from me will get you the best deal (though you can check for sure by clicking on the item and looking at the various “Used and New” offers). Current titles include:
- To Infinity and Beyond! The Story of Pixar Animation Studios
- Paper Dreams: The Art and Artists of Disney Storyboards
- Rockwell On Rockwell: How I Make A Picture by Norman Rockwell
- Don Bluth’s Art Of Storyboard
- MAD’s Greatest Artists: The Completely Mad Don Martin (2 Volume Set)
- Puss N Boots (illustrated by Andreas Deja, signed limited edition)
- Peter Pan Sketchbook (Walt Disney Sketchbook Series, limited edition)
- Little Mermaid Sketchbook (Walt Disney Sketchbook Series, limited edition)
- Walt Disney’s Nine Old Men and the Art of Animation
- The Art of Monster’s Inc.
- Rough Beasts 1 (sketchbook of Bill Halliar)
- The Alchemy of Animation: Making an Animated Film in the Modern Age
- Drawing the Head and Figure by Jack Hamm
- Modern Masters Vol. 1: Alan Davis
- Modern Masters Vol. 6: Arthur Adams
- Leonard Maltin’s Animation Favorites from the National Film Board of Canada (DVD)
- Out of the Picture: Art from the Outside Looking In by Chris Wedge
- Amistad: A Celebration of the Film
I won’t be updating the above list on this blog but if you just visit my storefront you can see the most up-to-date list of what I have for sale. Most books are in very good condition but if not I’ve noted any tears, underlining, etc. in the product descriptions. If you decide to buy one, I hope you enjoy reading it. I can tell you from personal experience that just leaving it on the shelf to soak in through osmosis doesn’t work very well.