I’ve been looking forward to this for months. The CTN Animation Expo starts Friday in Burbank, CA. To my knowledge this is the first-ever event of its kind. Artists and creatives from all over the Hollywood animation scene will be gathered under one roof for three days of inspiring seminars, workshops, and networking. Lots of artists will be exhibiting their work and some of the big studios in town will be scouting for talent. There’s going to be a lot going on and the event is generating a lot of buzz. Highlights include:
- Panels and Presentations…click here for schedule.
- A tribute to legendary Cartoonist Ronald Searle.
- Spotlight Booksignings and Exclusive Sketchbook Releases.
- Speed Talent sessions—show your portfolio, ask questions, meet a mentor.
- Screenings: “The Secret of the Kells”, “Banjo The Woodpile Cat”, and a surprise late night screening 11pm on Saturday… sshhhhhh!
- Live Demonstrations hourly by the creators of some of the highest grossing films in the history of animation.
- Exclusive Spotlight Interviews: (in alphabetical order)
Peter de Sève
Gary Goldman and Don Bluth
Paul Young and Tom Moore the makers of “The Secret of the Kells”
- CTN-X@nite Networking Parties sponsored by Animation Magazine, The Marriott Hotel and Walt Disney Studios.
- Reunions: Don Bluth Studios, Walt Disney Florida and Rowland Animation and more.
- Live Demonstrations all weekend.
- Recession Buster Raffle $1000 cash and prizes. One winner a day.
- ToonBoom: Presentations and Software Raffle
- Z-Brush: Presentations and Software Raffle
- Corel/Wacom Artist Contest: Win a Painter and Intuos 4 tablet.
You can still get tickets, starting at just $25. Hope to see you there!
(The CTN Expo is sponsored by the Creative Talent Network.)