The second annual Creative Freelancer Conference (sponsored by HOW Magazine and Marketing Mentor) will be held in San Diego August 26-28, 2009. I attended last year’s conference in Chicago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though I’ve been freelancing for over twelve years I still picked up quite a few tips and tricks. As a result of what I learned I’ve been able to give my clients an even higher level of professional service. I also learned a few ways to boost my bottom line. I only wish this conference had been available back when I started my business.
This year’s lineup of speakers and topics was recently announced. There’s a lot of new stuff that wasn’t on the line-up last year which means I’ll definitely be attending again.
Topics to be covered include:
- What Will Your Freelance Business Be When It Grows Up? (Petrula Vrontikis)
- Money-Saving Tax Solutions for Creatives (June Walker)
- The Essential Rules for Writing and Presenting Proposals (Peleg Top)
- Effective Presentations for Creative Solopreneurs (Darryl Salerno)
- Dealing With Nightmare Clients (Michelle Goodman)
- The Astoundingly Simple Secrets to Making Social Media Work For You (Colleen Wainwright)
- Freelance Success Panel (moderated by Ilise Benun)
- Speaker Panel Q&A (moderated by Ilise Benun)
- Create or Die: Thriving in the Create-On-Demand World (Todd Henry)
- Workshop: Hands-On Marketing Lab (Ilise Benun)
- Workshop: The Price Is Right (Lee Silber & Peleg Top)
If you register before July 15 you’ll receive an early-bird discount of $50. Register or get more info at www.creativefreelancerconference.com.