If you missed the 2008 Creative Freelancer Conference in Chicago, you missed some terrific info about how to manage your freelance career and build your business.
Have no fear. You can now purchase and download the audio and materials from all the presentations, whether you attended the conference or not. You’ll get MP3 audio recordings, session handouts, and each speaker’s PowerPoint presentation files. Each session can be purchased separately at $24 each, or you can get the entire package for $147.00 (which is almost like getting two of the sessions for free).
- Secrets of a Successful Solopreneur (Ilise Benun and Peleg Top)
- Creative Collaboration Workshop (Dyana Valentine)
- How to Get Clients to Fall in Love With You (Joan Gladstone)
- Building a Well-Oiled Marketing Machine (Ilise Benun and Colleen Wainwright)
- How to Talk to Your Clients About Fees (Peleg Top)
- A Quick and Dirty Look at Proposals and Contracts (Lloyd Dangle)
- How to Find Time to Build Your Freelance Business (Lee Silber)
- Reaping the Rewards of Creative Independence (Jeff Fisher)
The website even offers a 365-day money back guarantee: “If you don’t see an amazing improvement in your business within a year from the date you order, simply contact us for a full refund. The audio materials, handouts, and presentations will still be yours to keep as our thanks for giving the Complete Conference On Demand a try.”
Of course that means you have to wait a year to get your money back, but I’m guessing you won’t need to. I found most of the presentations to be very helpful. The talks on “Creative Collaboration” and “Reaping the Rewards” didn’t particularly hit me where I was at, but if you buy the whole package you basically get those two for free anyway. “How To Talk To Your Clients About Fees” was my favorite seminar and pretty much anything from Ilise Benun or Peleg Top was terrific. The rest of the presenatations were also very good.
Finally, next year’s conference will be Aug. 26-28 in San Diego. Mark your calendars!