I just received a brochure in the mail about a new conference tailored for creative freelancers (i.e. illustrators, designers, photographers, copyrighters, etc.) The 2008 Creative Freelancer Conference will be held Augut 27-29 in Chicago.
The conference is presented by HOW Magazine and Marketing Mentor. Topics to be discussed will include:
- How do I balance finding work with doing work?
- What niche should I target, and how do I position myself within it?
- How do I create a continuous stream of good prospects?
- How do I find out a client’s budget?
- Am I charging too much or too little?
- What should my contract include?
Two of the speakers are Ilise Benun and Peleg Top. They’ve previously given some very helpful webinars through HOW magazine, and have a real knack for making the business side of being a freelancer feel less intimidating, even fun. Benun’s website, Marketing-Mentor.com, also has some very helpful resources for freelancers.
If you are a freelancer and you only go to one conference this year, this would probably be the one. More info can be found at the conference website: CreativeFreelancerConference.com